7 Tips on Taking Cool Swag Photos
Here are some ideas when taking swag photos or selfies.
1. No Need To Be Pretty, Slim, Sexy, Sweet & Cute
Just about anyone who wants to, can look swag ! No need to be pretty because you will be wearing sunshades ! No need to be slim because you could be wearing oversized clothes ! No need to be sexy because you will be posing like a tom boy ! No need to be cute because you will be acting angry, hao-lian (arrogant) & rebellious.
2. Girls – Just Do It Yourself (DIY)
Use a smart phone camera with some timer software and a phone tripod (which you can buy from qoo10.sg for $3.90) - you can take really nice looking selfies. (further down this blog, some photos were captured just using an iPhone5). Now - timers on photo apps can be really cumbersome to use - THEN... how about investing $6.50 in a Bluetooth Remote Shutter ? You can get this from qoo10.sg. Position your smartphone camera and tripod to take a selfie. Use the key chained gadget in the photo below which looks like a car door remote control. Press the button on the gadget and your smartphone cam snaps a photo. Change your pose. Smile. Snap ! Change your pose. Snap ! Works for iPhones and Androids.
Many cameras today are designed for selfies. If you don't plan to hold the cam, then use a camera timer. Cams with Wifi can be remotely controlled by your smart phone. You can attach a tripod from qoo10.sg for $14.50. You can mount either a standard camera or smartphone camera to this tripod.
Make up your own swag pose or choose poses available at images.google.com or tumblr.com when you search "swag poses for girls".
Some props can level up your swag. Basketballs & skateboards could help. Or else - ghetto blasters, spray cans and bandanas cast even more rebelliousness into your selfie.
photo by iphone5
photo by iphone5
5. Locations & Fixtures
Some of the best places to take swag photos are at home e.g. using a simple plain backdrop.
Or in the bedroom.
For the "ghetto" look, try graffiti walls as backdrops. Take advantage of any unusual fixtures in the "ghetto" - discarded chairs, benches, garbage bins, street signs, defaced poles, collapsible iron gates, steps, etc.
6. Have your own style - feminine, funny, relaxed, fun, tomboy, hardcore, angry, whatever !
photo by iphone5
7. Fashion & Makeup
Wear anything that you feel comfy and sporty in - tshirts, tanks, hoodies, flashy jackets, jeans, leggings, etc - anything bold, loud or bright. Shoes: you could try casual wedges, sneakers or go with classy swag loud platforms. Makeup: Try on stronger, darker eye makeup and bright lipstick.
Clothes & Shoes:
Today's OOTD was:
- Tshirt - from Pull & Bear sleeveless tee - Facebook: @pullandbear
- Caged Top - from Wonderstellar, a Topshop Inspired Strappy Bralet Instagram: @wonderstellar
- Shorts - H&M
- Shoes - Puma Wedges from PVS Orchard Cineleisure Instagram: @pvs_sg and Jeffrey Campbell Lita Daisy (black) also from PVS. Some sizes of the Lita Daisy if not available locally can be found from the New York store Zacky's.
Add lots of accessories such as snapbacks, beanies, bandanas, sunshades, leather wrist straps, bangles, outlandish earings, statement necklasses, etc to increase the swag-o-meter of your selfie.
- Cap - Hater Snapback - Garin Leather with Pink Snake Brim - Instagram: @hater_snapback / Facebook: @hatersnapback
- Beanie - SHADE Beanie Hat Burgundy - Instagram: @shadelondon / Facebook: @shadelondon
- Bandana - Boy London BIGBANG G-Dragon SNSD Sex Pistols Bandana B33BN01U89 Instagram: @boylondonltd / Facebook: @boylondon-ltd this K2POP site's service is extremely good and they will procure all kinds of Korean hipster goods on your behalf.
- Sunshades - Pink Shades from Bugis Village ($6) and White/Blue Reflector Shades from Indiesin: The Black Background Bugis Junction #03-12C Instagram: @indiesinx / Facebook: @indiesin
Add ink. Either the real way or the fake shit !
- I went with Murua Japanese stick-on temporary tattoos. You can purchase these from Mingo (which stocks Murua tattoos in Singapore). Instagram: @murua_official / Facebook: @murua.official . Each Murua pack comes with 3 sheets of tattoos. Select the desired tattoo. Attach tattoo face down onto skin, pour water over the paper, wait 3 to 5 minutes, peel off paper.
- The Murua product is robust. Photos below taken 2 days after the tattoo was applied. The tattoos held up well. I tried rubbing them and they didn't come off. I bathe twice a day without shielding the tattoos. They remained steady and clear. None of the finely drawn lines washed away.
- After 3 days:
Thank-you for reading ! Love, Jia Jia